Sunday, August 5, 2007

Not Your Regular Ol' Cup of Noodles

I happened to find a Mexican grocery store in Lafayette! Yeah, yeah, my advisor had mentioned it about 10 times, but this was the first time I had actually been. If I were religious I would have thanked the lord for the wonder that is La Tapatia Mexican Market. I may now be able to make it through the school year less depressed thanks to the comfort of mole, adobo, and carnitas. La Tapatia has a decent (better than Payless or Marsh) produce section and even has a prepared foods section so I don’t have to slave over carnitas. Again, if I believed, I would be in heaven.

La Tapatia had a plethora of other oddities, some of which I purchased this time around and others I will be sampling at a later date. Being that grad students don’t have much time for anything but studying, I am always on the lookout for quick and cheap meal options. Hence the reasoning behind my purchase of Maruchan Instant Lunch – Jalapeno Cheddar flavor. How bad can it really be?

The truth is, its not bad. It just isn’t any good. It was spicy and the spice-side didn’t have a chemical taste like many instant foods contain. The cheesy it was seriously lacking though. It was cheddar-orange in color, for sure, but also had that orange flavor so often associated with fake foods.

All in all, I am glad I fed my curiosity but will be feeding my mouth something else.

No comments: